Saturday, September 3, 2011

Request an arb.

Curious about any relationship in markets?  Leave a comment and I will attempt dissection.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any arb betwwen SPY and SSO (proshares ultra s&p500)? Thanks.

JW said...

SSO (and the like) would not have been created without the ability for arbitrage. Will try to provide some more color on the relationship between SPY/ES/SSO/SDS in the days/weeks ahead. Looks like it will require the use of some synthetics.

Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

what about commodity based etf's and their futures counterpoint?

-we

JW said...

I have a GLD/GC spread I've been meaning to put up.

RKB said...

Hey Jason. Can you put up a tutorial on how you pull data into excel? I know it is basic but I'm just getting started. Love your blog by the way.

JW said...

RKB: Actually, recording prices at the granularity necessary to study these strategies in today's environment is relatively difficult. I am learning to program, and was forced to outsource the development of my recording software to a third party.

I will try to put some information together as to the steps necessary. The basic software can be found on a previous post entitled, "Index Arbitrage for the DIYer".